prokaryotic facultative-anaerobic gram-negative
- Can be used for cloning thanks to its fast doubling time
- Reaches high cell densities and good for protein expression
- Vibrio natriegens ( ATCC14048): a non pathogenic strain
Vibrio natriegens has a doubling time of under 10 min in optimal conditions ( between 35°C and 37°C) It is a marine organism, so it is important to add additional salt to the media for an final concentration of 2.5%.
- Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen (https://www.dsmz.de)
( to be added soon )
Whole Cell Metabolism SBML Models
- Metabolism of the fast-growing bacterium Vibrio natriegens elucidated by 13C metabolic flux analysis
This entry was curated by 2018 iGEM team Marburg (http://2018.igem.org/Team:Marburg).